Bizarre: even when I am not browsing the internet.

If I turn on the computer, click start and then double-click or right click on the following: my documents, my computer, my network places, control panel or search: I get the error message above. If I wish I can then access the internet - just not any of the functions above.

If I use IE on its own - I have no problems - can access internet and all websites I wish.

All clues greatly received.

I have swept for viruses and done a registry clean - still no joy.

I use XP.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Update,

Strange thing is that IE says that it needs to close - then the toolbar at the bottom disappears for 5-10 seconds and then reappears. I can now access the internet via IE no problems. But if I click on any of the control panel etc it will go through the same routine.

Sure it doesn't say exploer.exe is closing?

Might be: error signature: explorer.exe appver: 6.0.2900.3156 modname:browseui.dll modver: 6.0.2900.2995 offset: 00042ee7

Does that help.

Thanks in advance

Tried that and restored as of 2 days ago and did not work - will try a week. Thanks

Tried as of 2 months ago and still no joy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.