Help! I have windows xp and someone uninstalled or deleted a few microsoft programs from my pc and now i can't see any of my emails, can't compose emails, can't delete more than one at a time. Also I can't see any yahoo messenger messages, and alot of other crap im unable to do now. I dont know how to fix this or how to restore whats missing. I think i know what was deleted but cant find them anywhere, plus the trying to reboot with the xp cd wont work because my pc wont even load up the cd i dunno if its cuz my pc is real old or not. Does anyone know anything about this or how to fix it?

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Well first I could use a real description of the problems that you're having instead of using the words stuff and crap please describe the exact problems. You say you can't compose emails and you can't see any emails, which programs are you using? Have you tried more than one? You say programs were deleted, do you know which ones? You say you can't receive yahoo messenger messages, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall yahoo instant messenger? If that's what you're using anyways.. Also and this should be a last resort I don't know how serious your problem is right now, when attempting to restore a computer through the restoral cd, you need to set the computer to boot from the cd through bios. That's all I can think of now, please describe your problem in more detail, please list your system specs. Thank you.

Well as you can probably tell i'm not a computer genius, i don't even know how to describe it better. For email i'm using yahoo mail regularly but i've tried my msn hotmail and can't read or see my mail there either as well as gmail i believe it was, which wouldnt open at all. I'm not positive which programs were deleted but i think it was 3 microsoft programs, microsoft compression client pack 1.0, microsoft user-mode driver framework feature pack 1.0 and one other i'd have to check again. The other things I can't do is really hard to explain because its alot of little random things that i could do fine before those programs got deleted like clicking certain links or buttons on sites, it won't go anywhere when i click them if that makes sense.
Yes i'm using yahoo messenger and yes i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, it didn't help at all. I can see my messages in windows messenger though. One other thing i tried was checking my scripting in internet options but they were all enabled. I'm not sure what you mean about system specs, my computer is a compaq deskpro, pentium 2, 348 MHz, 128 MB RAM and have windowa xp professional. I don't know what else you'd need to know.

run a windows update

Hello

I cant read massages in yahoo messenger. They are popping out, i can receive and send but still they are not visible. However if i check massage archive all massages are there. what i must do i can't figure out what the problem is, please help.

commented: Don't revive a dead thread, post your problems in a new thread -1

I think there is a virus in your operating system.

Hello

At first thanks for the reply!

I don't think that this is due to Viruses also, but still after
I have downloaded "A Script From Microsoft" It's not helpful so if u have any other suggestions I'll be happy.
It's about two months I can't solve this problem and I'm really tired.
When i install yahoo messenger" there spears this kind of note:
" an attempt to install a browser tool-bar was blocked Click here to enable this tool bar" perhaps here is an answer. I enable after that this tool-bar but still its not work.

Which Browser and OS do you use?

Hello

At first thanks for the reply!

I don't think that this is due to Viruses also, but still after
I have downloaded "A Script From Microsoft" It's not helpful so if u have any other suggestions I'll be happy.
It's about two months I can't solve this problem and I'm really tired.
When i install yahoo messenger" there spears this kind of note:
" an attempt to install a browser tool-bar was blocked Click here to enable this tool bar" perhaps here is an answer. I enable after that this tool-bar but still its not work.

Internet Explorer, Opera, Google Chrome, Mozilla firefox.

1.Close All Browsers while installing

and here is hte mathode to install yahoo messenger wthout yahoo toolbar

Download Yahoo Messenger Web Installer From http://messenger.yahoo.com/download/

After Download Open The Installer

When First Screen of Installer Appears Click On Custom Install

Uncheck Yahoo! Toolbar

Now Next>Next>Finish

PS) If problem continues then Uncheck "Yahoo! Browser Plus" too

Thanks ! I'll Try just now and let you know.

Sorry ... it's the same.
Thanks anyway :))

Install Flash Player in Internet Explorer. Open Flash player website in IE and download the plug-in. It might help.

try to reinstall your yahoo messenger...

Guys please do not post in a dead thread, you can start it in a new thread. Thanks for your understanding

hellow help me bcoz i didn't read my email in yahoo!messenger. what will i do? help me please. my yahoo messenger so many message but i didn't read it.

Remove the yahoomessenger and reinstall it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.