For some reason I'm having major trouble with my hotmail account. I can receive, open & read any emails I get, but I cannot send or reply to any emails. Does anyone know why? I have a yahoo account also and I am having the same problem with that account. Also my husband has an email account that he uses with outlook and I've tried sending emails from his outlook account and I always get this error message: 0x800CCC0F

Can anybody please, please, please help me? I'm not very good at figuring these problems out on my own and would love some help! I need to be able to send emails!

I can't even contact Hotmail because their help center is set up to receive emails--but I can't do that since I can't send any. I've tried calling the phone number they have listed but it is all automated and I can find no way to get a real live human on the phone. Ugh! Very frustrating!

Sarah

My operating system is Windows xp home edition 2002
I have a Dell computer which is about 2.5 years old. We have Norton Antivirus on this computer and I've already tried disabling various settings on it but nothing has worked. Any other ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

Any chance that you are running some sort of a proxy? I use proxomitron & found that I couldn't send emails from Hotmail too until I configured it correctly.

For some reason I'm having major trouble with my hotmail account. I can receive, open & read any emails I get, but I cannot send or reply to any emails. Does anyone know why? I have a yahoo account also and I am having the same problem with that account. Also my husband has an email account that he uses with outlook and I've tried sending emails from his outlook account and I always get this error message: 0x800CCC0F

Can anybody please, please, please help me? I'm not very good at figuring these problems out on my own and would love some help! I need to be able to send emails!

I can't even contact Hotmail because their help center is set up to receive emails--but I can't do that since I can't send any. I've tried calling the phone number they have listed but it is all automated and I can find no way to get a real live human on the phone. Ugh! Very frustrating!

My operating system is Windows xp home edition 2002
I have a Dell computer which is about 2.5 years old. We have Norton Antivirus on this computer and I've already tried disabling various settings on it but nothing has worked. Any other ideas?

hi sarah,
i too cant send emails thru hotmail, have u found out why?

by the way i used the "?" help icon on the top right of my hotmail page to send them a message, look there and find at bottom right "need more help" and their help form pops up.

enid

same problem with me too, god these threads are from september 2004!

god these threads are from september 2004!

Yup ,hotmail has sucked for a Lotta years now .LOL

I know that AOL and Hotmail sometimes block ISPs because spam came from there (or appears to have come from there).

If this has happened, the sysops at Hotmail will have to fix it.

I remember a year or so ago I wasn't able to send/receive emails from Hotmail (couldn't tell you if Yahoo worked though), but the problem with my machine was an over-powering advert blocker which was blocking a link to one of the files which is apparently needed to create new emails and contacts (amongst other things too I'm sure).

Disabling the advert blocker solved the problem for me - I ended up changing to gmail when it came out - the adverts there are a lot less intrusive!

same problem with me too, god these threads are from september 2004!

anyone who solved exactly THIS problem??????

post # 8 solved his

It is your browser. I usually use Internet Explorer or Firefox. When I was trying to access from a friends computer I tried his Safari, as that was all I noticed in his icons. Couldn't send. He couldn't even figure it out, until I asked if he had a different internet browser. MSN worked, of course.
Simple, easy, good luck
Brian

i am not able to send any messages from my hotmail id. if any one knows how to fix this, pls help me

Had this today on a customers machine, Run Malwarebytes, Download the latest version of your browser or change to another like firefox. reset your browser in internet options, advanced then re boot and install the new or updated browser. Worked like a charm :)

What if you don't have a computer and are using via Nintendo Wii/ DSi? I use my sister's nintendo DSi because I live in Bordeaux, France and it is constantly having thunderstorms and such to the point mine and a lot of people I know have to use cellphones or something else to go online because computers do not work well in my area. My cellphone doesn't have good internet so I'm stuck with my younger sister's DSi.. does anyone know how to send email on hotmail [only]... I also have yahoo, gmail and opera but those do not work either...

What is your problem exactly. Pardon me, but i have a hard time understanding what you said. What do you mean?

" does anyone know how to send email on hotmail [only]... I also have yahoo, gmail and opera but those do not work either... "

Am unable for the past few days to send any Hotmail emails, but am receiving emails in my inbox. I am using Windows 8 and Outlook. Anyone any ideas?

I can't send any emails or reply to emails on my hotmail account, on my computer. It works fine with my yahoo account and I can send emails on hotmail on my Ipad. It's just this computer, but I don't know what settings to change on this computer so that hotmail works. I get email, just can't reply or send new ones.

Dear all,

Please help to me. I cannot send any hotmail. But i can receive. It is sure outlook 2003 cannot send hotmail.

anna -

Have you ever been able to send email via hotmail or is this a new account?

this is the first time for me.

sending outlook email to hot mail is the first time. But any other emails can send.

Actually i can send any other outlook email and gmail. But cannot send only hot mail. Hotmail sending is the first time for me.May i know how can i do?

Check your account properties in Outlook and make sure that the outgoing SMTP server has 'log on to incoming mail server before sending mail' (or something like that) checked.

Did any of this help, Anna?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.