I closed my computer without shutting down properly. (That's another problem.) I clicked "Restore my Active Desktop" and received an Internet Explorer Script Error (Line 65, char. 1, Error Object doesn't support this action" Code 0 URL .....) Then it says do you want to continue running script on this page? I pressed no (no result), so I pressed Yes. Still no result. I am using Mozilla Firefox as a browser instead of Internet Explorer. Could that be the root of this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by E.K.Wicke

try this, go to this registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\SafeMode\Components
Change the value of DeskHtmlVersion to zero instead of decimal 272.

let me know if it works

Or u could right click the desktop > desktop > customize desktop > turn off active page and apply and then reactivate it and apply

Thanks for the advice. When I turned on the computer this a.m., the desktop came up correctly, and no Desktop Script Error warning. Bobby, should I still follow your instructions for changing the value of DeskHtmlVersion?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.