Hi,

I have the Vista setup in my XP folder, what I want to do is to burn it into a CD or DVD. But before doing this, I'm wondering if it's possible to burn the Vista image into a number of empty CDs? If that's not possible to do, then is it possible to get one of my used DVDs (bought from a store), load it up on PC, then delete everything on it and then finally burn the image onto that DVD? Cuz I just bought new computer parts and I'd like to install Vista on that new PC.

Thx.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Yeah I think you can... only works if you have a DVD-R drive.

Ya it's iso.

It's bootable but my new PC has no windows, so meaning I need a CD or DVD (With Vista on it) to install into this new PC. Again look at my top post for more detail

burning burning the iso on cd would mean splitting the file to fit on cd. i am assuming that the file is bigger than a cd, u can use a file splitter brogram to acheive this. but i suggest that u get the dvd drive first, burn the image then u can clean the hdd and reinstall vista.

boy ,you sure this is english ,you guys must be spending to much time in chat rooms.talking short burn to hand and mumbo jumbo.post #1 still makes no sense to me .!!!!
burn to used dvds!!
anyway sounds like a illegal copy of Vista to me,or you would have it on a DVD disk all ready,and policy here is no help for pirated software ..

Not necessarily caperjack, I have MSDNAA with my uni, and I can get a fully legal copy of vista downloaded from that as an ISO.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.