Vista has provision for this but can it be done somehow in XP?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

I dont think this is possible with XP.

Raj

Thanks but what is a "ready boost compatible flash drive"?

it's a flash drive that will work with readyboost. not just any drive will work, it needs to meet certain specifications, at least in vista.

I have a question reguarding this vista feature,why not just increase the swap file size on you hard drive, instead of using a slower usb drive to add move memory.

I bought a compatible flash drive and installed it as per the instructions. My computer seems faster but I cannot find anything that positively tells me my RAM has increased.

>I have a question reguarding this vista feature,why not just increase the swap file size on you hard drive, instead of using a slower usb drive to add move memory.

flash memory is WAY faster than a hard drive. that's why they're trying to make flash hard drives, because they'd be really fast.

>
flash memory is WAY faster than a hard drive. that's why they're trying to make flash hard drives, because they'd be really fast.

thank you for that answer

Can anyone answer my question in number 7? I want to know how to tell if the flash drive memory is working. The usual things still just show my original memory cards.

alt+ctrl+del ,in device manager check performance ,total rams will show i think,maybe not .

It shows as running in Applications but does not show in Performance ! I am none the wiser.

It shows as running in Applications but does not show in Performance ! I am none the wiser.

makes two of us .

I need to know how to add a 250k outside memory to my Dell computer.
I needed this for my screensaver.

You have piggybacked a very old thread.....Nov 27th, 2007
Please start your own thread and explain where outside you want this memory.

and explain where outside you want this memory.

Out back, by the shed !you know the little 2 seater one .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.