Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

it's a flash drive that will work with readyboost. not just any drive will work, it needs to meet certain specifications, at least in vista.

I have a question reguarding this vista feature,why not just increase the swap file size on you hard drive, instead of using a slower usb drive to add move memory.

I bought a compatible flash drive and installed it as per the instructions. My computer seems faster but I cannot find anything that positively tells me my RAM has increased.

>I have a question reguarding this vista feature,why not just increase the swap file size on you hard drive, instead of using a slower usb drive to add move memory.

flash memory is WAY faster than a hard drive. that's why they're trying to make flash hard drives, because they'd be really fast.

>
flash memory is WAY faster than a hard drive. that's why they're trying to make flash hard drives, because they'd be really fast.

thank you for that answer

Can anyone answer my question in number 7? I want to know how to tell if the flash drive memory is working. The usual things still just show my original memory cards.

It shows as running in Applications but does not show in Performance ! I am none the wiser.

It shows as running in Applications but does not show in Performance ! I am none the wiser.

makes two of us .

You have piggybacked a very old thread.....Nov 27th, 2007
Please start your own thread and explain where outside you want this memory.

and explain where outside you want this memory.

Out back, by the shed !you know the little 2 seater one .

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.