Does anyone know an effective opensource tool to restore Outlook mail and address book without the .pst?

Yesterday, I turned on my computer and my .pst was 0 bytes - it was just wiped out, apparently. I know why this happened, but I need to try to recover the emails. I didn't have my backup system in place yet. I've tried a couple of restore file programs, but they haven't been effective.

Thanks
JJ

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

no

I didn't find one when I wanted to recover my mails . But then didn't bothered about it later. Is it really possible unless they are saved on to a web server or a local machine?

It is theoretically possible to recover data on your local machine, because the data is not actually erased, just pointers to it are reset. So, if you have a program that can search the hard drive for the file headers, they can be found. I just tried several programs, but only found old email that I deleted.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.