hi i was installing win xp on my laptop , i put bootable cd in drive & start laptop, it ask to pressany key to boot i pressed ; the first it gave message "boot cd-rom type: non emulation booting" . then it boot from cd & finally it gives error some file can not load. what could be the problem & what shoud be the solution. please help me out

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

heya, are you upgrading from me or 2000?
Does your laptop meet the min system requirments for xp?

no i m doing fresh installation, & all the system requirements are meeting for the installation, as soon as i put any bootable cd it is giving error "no emulation booting"

Your boot cd was probably written to be dependent on files already in the hard drive (emulation boot). If this is the case, you need a boot disk that does not need files on the hard drive and can execute inpdependently (no emulation booting). If this wont be possible you might want to find out what files it needs so it can work and then get those files into your hard drive. In theory this should work.

thank you very much for your reply i understood what is meant by emulation & non emulation...... but give me the exact solution how should i overcome with this problem, meaning what are exact steps shall i follow to install windows xp2

hey there
There is files on the hd that needs to be included in the installation as the previous poster was saying.
Heres a shortcut to what you can do without having to search the files:
--------------------->This implies only if you backed up your data,or the data on the hd is of no importance to you>---------------------

-Format your HD in another machine
-BOOT from a xp disk

It should work fine

cheers

hey there
There is files on the hd that needs to be included in the installation as the previous poster was saying.
Heres a shortcut to what you can do without having to search the files:
--------------------->This implies only if you backed up your data,or the data on the hd is of no importance to you>---------------------

-Format your HD in another machine
-BOOT from a xp disk

It should work fine

cheers

/agree

"Pretty, pretty, pretty good" - Larry David

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.