Google announced a new OS project that's a natural extension of Google Chrome — the Google Chrome Operating System. Speed, simplicity and security are the key aspects of Google Chrome OS. Will Google operating system Change Microsoft?
More details can be found in the link below.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Google Chrome is currently announced to release for low-end computers. Hence, there is no chance of Chrome being Windows.

However, if Google launches high-end OS solutions, then also, it will take a few years to get with Windows. Because Windows currently have a vast amount of software applications built on it., which will not work on Chrome.

Have to say I'm utterly sick of hearing ALLLLLL about an OS which has to leave Google's Dream Factory. And given Google's flop rate for any of their own development projects (even Android fell WELL short of the mark, and you have to then look at how much more complex a desktop OS is in comparison), to be honest, I'll believe it when I see it.

As to Google burying Microsoft.... not a chance!! For starters, you're assuming that given Google's rep for mining and collecting personal info, that ppl will trust them enough to use an OS that is FULLY plugged into the Google machine... no thankyou!! To be honest, where I have seen MS come miles from their evil reputation, Google has been taking that throne for some time now - and I don't see that changing any time soon.

The other thing almost EVERYONE has missed, is that Google has in recent times handed MS a wild-card on a silver platter (or maybe even the mother of all silver bullets). We're all familiar by now with the witch-hunts taking place by the EU toward MS, primarily over the bundling IE - although other software bundling has also been picked at.... and Google stupidly got on board with the complainants!!

Now... how quickly do you see MS dragging Google to the same tribunal if they release an entire OS built around the Google app stack and browser; knowing full well that if the EU doesn't take a consistent stance, EVERY SINGLE MANDATE imposed by the EU can legally be dismissed on the basis of corporate discrimination.

And then how screwed do you think Google will be??

Google OS bury MS?? More like Google may have already buried itself 12-18 mths before they even release the damn thing

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.