i just switched from comcast hish speed internet which advertise that they would give me 8mb/s of bandwidth, to fios, and i signed up for their 5mb/s plan. im getting way faster downloads now! did comcast lie? whats going on?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by bondi007

but they showed me, when the guy from comcast came by he downloaded something at 8mb/s just to proove it to me. what tom foolery is this?

yeah the fact is that most sites wont let a single client download that much that fast anyway. I know that most dl sites are capped at ~256kbps

Yep it is, unless it is a really good service like the sun microsystems download mirror, it is fast even on my connection

Bondi

im on 20mb cable (virgin media) and i rarely get more than 512kbps per connection, most sites cap it.

cheaper because we get landline, mobile, tv and internet all from Virgin

otheriwse i think the 20mb cable broadband is £20 a month, but i think new members get half price for the first couple.

Only available in some areas + theres an installation fee

We have TV and Phone and Internet atm would it just be upgrading the service! :D

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.