Is Web Hosting easy, what are the basics of Web Hosting - Several times I have found
myself in the situation of having to explain someone what web hosting is. As it turned
out, certain people instantly got [link removed]

Thanks,
rubi

There is a LOT of work to web hosting... Sure it seems like setting up a server and just collecting money, but that is NOT CORRECT. It just gets worse the more sites you host... You have to be on call 24 hours a day, in case the server goes down for any reason. You have to be able to get it back up and running in NO TIME. You have to take calls and emails when people need a "special" plug-in installed so that they can run their crumby little java script calendar date pickers and such..

It is a ton of work.. I only recommend hosting for people who have a lot of time to waste... Unless you are just running a small machine to host your personal website :) THAT can be fun.

Cheers,

~Mike

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.