Joe Mama 2 Newbie Poster

My full time day job is in the world of IT, and with this of course comes all of the antiquated hardware still 'waiting for a purposeful *nix box' or something of that nature. At any rate, on with the story...

Home network is configured and happy. Linksys (G) with hacked firmware has been running smoothly for several years now with no issues. At least 3 dedicated (ether connected) machines are running at all times, and we have anywhere from 3-5 wireless machines connected at a time. All was hunky-dory until last night when we took an unexpected power hit. After everything came back up, it appeared that all was normal at a first glance. Only issue was - no internet. So here were my troubleshooting procedures (and I am still stuck scratching my head)

After everything powered back up, it *seemed* that all was normal. Send/Receive/Online/PC Connected LEDs were lit on my cable modem. (Not flashing) Router showed connectivity to the modem (LED wise) and a DHCP address was assigned from my ISP. You are able to hit the router from any workstation (wired or wireless) and play with its config settings. DHCP was released and renewed (via the router) and this appeared to work. Everything was resolved by the router - no internet.
Pulled the plugs on everything (numerous times) and I get the same result. I then took the modem and ran it straight to my computer to see if there was any difference in its basic TCP/IP settings that are pulled from the modem. (Able to access the internet DIRECTLY from the modem)

Okay, so now I am thinking that my router has gone nutty. Fine, tried the in laws router - works fine. Went out and bought a new router - works great - ONLY WIRELESSLY!! My hard connected computer(s) will take an IP address from the DHCP server of the router, can access the router via the web interface, access all network resources - EXCEPT THE INTERNET!

The only thing that was changed on the NEW router was the SSID was changed to reflect me (not Linksys) and the security was set back to WPA2.

This would make more sense if my wireless connectivity was hinky but my hard wired machines??

Can someone please shed some insight on this cause I am kinda stumped!
Thanks
-Me