I have a computer that is connected a wireless network, i can access the internet but then only problem i have was downloading updates from the internet... esp. for my anti-virus and windows defender....when connected using a modem the same problem still occur.....n-e computer settings that i need to change to be able to solve this problem???...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You may want to make sure that the host file on your computer doesn't have any erroneous entries in it.

If you go to start -> run -> notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

It should open a file that looks like this:

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost

If it doesn't, overwrite it with the data above, and save it. Then try to download your updates again.

hello, a friend told me there is a way you can configure a cable to work for both crossover, straight and rollover. i need your help.

contact your ISP you might have been restricted from download. trust me that could be problem.

cable color configuration that would work for both crossover, straightrough and rollover.

A Crossover cable is colour dependent.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.