I have a Presario F560US. I took it apart to upgrade the CPU. After I put it back together, it all works fine except for my wireless. It won't show up at all in device manager. I reinstall the wlan card, reinstalled the driver, reinstalled the OS. I even bought a new one and that one won't work either. I don't have a card slot for an external so I have to fix this. Could it be my antenna cables? Does anyone have an idea as to what I could have done and how to fix it? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The w/l card that u are using, is it compatible with the type of operating system that you are using. Please re-check the OS compatibility.

Pretty sure. I had vista on there and it was working just fine. It didn't start till after I put in new processor. After that is wouldn't show up at all so I upgraded to see if that might work after I did all the stuff posted above.

wilson, your issue is definitely a very unique one. A very mysterical problem...
I don't think there is any kind of software/driver conflict.
You have done all possible steps and I don't think any thing is left out. Please post the solution if you find any for this problem.

Regards

see if you can find the manual for inst6alling the wlan card but it should b3e easy unlewss 1 or 2 things went wrong

1. wireless wires are backwords

2. wireless card needs tro be turned on there should be a wireless key on the board or a switch

I have checked both of those and they are fine. The second Wlan card I bought was not made for us laptops it was a diff part #. Made for Korea and several other diff countries but ours so I should be getting a new one in the mail shortly. Someone told me the adapter part on the MB can go bad. Is that possible?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.