Hi,

I'm wondering if someone could please provide me the steps for extending/repeating my wirless signal so that I can have greater wireless range throughout my house.

I have 2 wirless Netgear routers, a DG934GT ADSL router (base unit) and WGR614v9 cable router (repeater). I've flashed both routers with the latest firmware and have turned on the wireless repeating function in the WGR614v9 but I can't get internet access when connected to the repeater, I can only get it when connected to the base unit.

Can this be achieved by running an ethernet cable between the two routers as thus far I've only tried to get them to contact each other wirelessly.

Any help would be appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

All i can think of is make sure that one of them is set as the router (not both as repeater) and if you are using DHCP turn it off on the repeater. As for running an ethernet cable between them, doesn't that defeat the purpose of a "wireless" repeater?

Hello,

Don't know much about your brand of router but make sure all the correct details are entered into the repeater. As above turn DHCP off on the repeater and if you need to manually assign an IP address make sure it isn't the same as any other device on the network including the router.

Have you managed to get the router and repeater communicating?

- Let us know how it goes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.