Hi all,

It's been a while since I've had to post for some help! :P

I have a question; I'm fairly decent with network setups, but my boss just mentioned something that I'm unfamiliar with.

What we would like, is a sort of hotdesking feature, throughout the office.

We have about 20-25 PC's and the usual network setup through switches and routers. What we need to be able to do, is allow anybody, to sit where-ever - and when they login to the Windows machines, their system settings are all there, including things like - their email settings in Outlook. We want to be able to do this without having 30-odd user accounts on each computer - but essentially, having the benefits of a separate user account for each person, accessible on any PC in the office.

I've scoured google and cannot seem to find anything that suits our needs... if anyone has any setup ideas, please let me know!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

the answer is the future!

we go back to old-school mainframe where all users work from same mainframe!

After thinking about this alot... I think we generally just need access to a web browser. Only the emails need to be user specific as our software is online and accessible through a browse.

I think i'll look into a microsoft exchange server and set up IIS for web based outlook.

Thanks daniweb!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.