Hello,

At work I have wireless and LAN. I have them both on. Here is the wierd thing. I cant get internet access through the LAN. I have an IP address, checked my DNS through Nslookup. i know the jack is good as another laptop worked fine. I have internet thru the wireless ok but when both are on I dont. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Just wanted to add that when I type in a website to nslookup it resolves to an IP address

So when the wireless is on, check the Wired connection? Is the link-light enabled? If not, is this a Dell? check the bIOS settings..i know that some laptops have a config where only one NIC will be active at a time.

I've never had this problem before. Always had the wireless on with a LAN cable attached. What I dont understand is that I'm getting an IP address on the LAN and the DNS seems to be working but I get no internet nor can I ping webpages

Oh and it an HP Probook 4530s

I'm also unable to ping a website by its IP address

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.