GulMiguel 0 Newbie Poster

I have a Linsys BEFSX41 Broadband Firewall Router with 4-Port Switch/VPN Endpoint which connects 3 computers and 1 VOIP device for my phone. I have two other computers which I need to connect together so I used one of the Linksys ports to 'daisy chain' my Microsoft MN-100 Wired Broadband Base Station in order to get the extra ports for the other two computers.

Two of the computers are Compaq Presario's. One is the S4010CL (Intel Celeron) and the other is the S4110CL (AMD Athlon). Another computer is an older HP Pavilion 8674D (Intel Pentium 3). The fourth workstation is a Compaq Evo (Intel Pentium 4).

All of the computers are running either Windows XP Home or Professional - with the exception of one which is running Windows 2000 Professional (the HP unit). I am planning to have one of the Compaq workstations run Windows Vista Beta 2. All systems currently are using Norton Internet Security 2006 for protection.

My problem is that after wiring the daisy chain, I can no longer 'see' the 2 computers using the MN-100 Base Station.

I'm sure that I've done something incorrectly but I'm not sure what it is.

Someone, please - HELLLLPPPPP!!!! :sad:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.