I've recently switched my domain host servers and I get diverted to the page with '/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi' tacked onto the end. I've contacted both the old and new hosting companies' support and both say it's fine on their end. It doesn't work on any of my devices (my and my wife's phones, laptop, desktop) and I'm waiting to here back from friends about whether they can access the site. I'm not sure what I should do!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Which company hosts your DNS. HAve you updated your DNS entries if at a 3rd party?

If you get out to a command prompt and do an nslookup on your domain what do you get?

nslookup <yourdomain.com>

it will tell you what IP address it is returning and where it got the address from (which DNS server). For example my if I do my domain I get:

C:\Users\Rodney>nslookup txlinux.com 
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    txlinux.com
Address:  54.148.71.11

Which tell me it got the address 54.148.71.11 from the DNS server at 192.168.0.1 which is my local router. You can also query a specific DNS server by adding its address:

C:\Users\Rodney>nslookup txlinux.com 4.2.2.2
Server:  b.resolvers.Level3.net
Address:  4.2.2.2

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    txlinux.com
Address:  54.148.71.11

let us know how it goes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.