I have an old D-link DI-604 router (wired) for my network, and the friggin things NAT are set to STRICT so that means I have problems finding other players on my Xbox live games.... can any one help me solve this so I don't have to spend a crapload o money buying a new router? I really am in trouble here.... please tell me what I have to change to be able to change the settings to OPEN.

I have an old D-link DI-604 router (wired) for my network, and the friggin things NAT are set to STRICT so that means I have problems finding other players on my Xbox live games.... can any one help me solve this so I don't have to spend a crapload o money buying a new router? I really am in trouble here.... please tell me what I have to change to be able to change the settings to OPEN.

Is yours a configurable router? Try clicking the "reset to defaults" on the router config page.

And buying a new router isn't THAT expensive, my wireless D-Link cost around $40 USD, and you can get a good wired router for around $15.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.