Hello,

I Just bought a ne HP pavillion Intel duo centrino laptop and I tried to set up a LAN with no instruction besides what is available on the internet and I failed. However that is not my problem, when I did this a problem seems to have developed in the default gateway for some reason. Here are the symptopms I have found

Request timed out when Default gateway is pinged
No internet connection.

I have tried to find solutions to this probelm on the internet and have failed so I hope someone can help me out.

Are you using DHCP or Static IP? Can you use the internet on other computers on the network??

First, I need more detail, like what is your infrustructure like. What is your router.

Check to see that the gateway is entered correctly, also you might try an alternete gateway.

I have a Netgear Modem Router and when I try to connect to the internet it says my default gateway is offline! I phoned up aol and they told me to move the modem to my phone socket downstairs but it still doesn't work. The only way I can get on the internet is when I attach the yellow cable to my laptop.

I've had this problem before.

Can anyone help?!?! Please?!?!

xo

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.