every time i try to connect to the internet it says i have to update the xbox and when i say yes to it this comes up.Status Code 3080-0000-0080-0700-8007-2741. can somebody tell me whats going wrong????????:?:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

every time i try to connect to the internet it says i have to update the xbox and when i say yes to it this comes up.Status Code 3080-0000-0080-0700-8007-2741. can somebody tell me whats going wrong????????:?:

I don't Xbox, so I really have no idea :)

My suggestion is to try updating Xbox via your computer and a USB Flash Drive and see if that resolves the problem.

Best Luck :)
PP

you can actually download the updates via your computer and burn it onto a cd too, instead of using a flash drive. the xbox will read the cd and install the updates. That could probably help. Also, what generation x box do you have? do you have a wireless internet card? or are you using an ethernet cord? cat 5 or 6? do you have a firewall blocking your xbox from accessing the internet?
Have you ever been able to connect to the internet on the xbox?

there are a lot of common problems that could cause this error. If you can give me more info i can probably help much better :)

(i used to repair consoles for a video game store, and i work part time in a gaming department, and find myself helping x box users A TON)

Any luck with the xbox situation?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.