I have a 42" SAMSUNG LCD tv. The last few years there appeared a shadow on the right upper part of the screen. Now it is spreading. I read that it could be dead pixels and that it would be cheaper to buy a new tv then get it fixed. Any advicse?

Since you have been using it for a few years ago, i suggest it would be time to change a new television set. There are many reason that cause this problem. See this

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.