I was just wondering if people Might post some details of their Internet Connection.

Connection Type: e.g. ADSL, Broadband, ISDN, Dial-Up
Connection Speed: e.g. 56Kb, 64Kb, 128Kb, 2042Kb, 4Mb
Cost Per Month: e.g. £15 for 10GB Capped + £1.50/GB after that
Name Of ISP: e.g. Wanadoo, BT

My details:
Connection Type: ADSL
Connection Speed: 2042Kb (2Mb)
Cost Per Month: £24.99 per month for 50GB + £1.50 per GB after
Name Of ISP: Freedom2surf

Steveneven (Dave)

Recommended Answers

All 46 Replies

My details:
Connection Type: Cable
Connection Speed: 4MB up/384k down
Cost Per Month: $42/mo, unlimited
Name Of ISP: Comcast Cablevision

€55 a month for unlimited 2MB ADSL.
Demon Internet Netherlands.

For that I also get 20MB webspace (which I hardly ever use but it comes in handy for things like sigfiles and stuff), the option to run my own mailserver (which I do), a fixed IP address and (sub)domain name, webmail service for when I'm away from home, etc. etc. etc.

Not the cheapest option but I've only had about 3 hours outage since signing up with them in 1998, worth quite something to me.

Hello,

Connection Type: Cable Modem, although it is not a modem.
Connection Speed: They just raised it... getting 500 kilobytes / second
Cost Per Month: $45 USD
Name Of ISP: Roadrunner

Internet connection goes into a Linux server that does amazing things. My MRTG data shows that it has been alive damn near 100 percent. I love it. We have the option of having Cable without the television subscription, so we do not have Cable TV.

Christian

I rarely use the features that come w/ my internet connection (besides internet ;)) so I'm not aware of many of them; pop3 account and webmail are only 2 of the few that I know of.

Anyways, I'm in Canada, and it's $44.95 CAD with no maximum monthly limit, and 5000/800 speeds.

In US using Roadrunner at 5Mbps for $44 per month. Quite a difference from my ADSL connection in Spain during previous years which was about $100 permonth for 512K/128K

I have mediacom, that downloads at like 380 kb/s, and pay 55$ a month. It took 3 months for mediacom to finally come out and hook us up with cable, and we couldn't go with anybody else, because they were the only provider in the area. If I had a choice, I would definately go with roadrunner.

I am on dial up unfortunately and it costs me $99.00 annually. Free email and virus/spyware protection, plus free games (which I never play) and external hd space on a secure server plus a bunch of other stuff that I dont understand.

My details:
Connection Speed: 5.1MB
Cost Per Month: $CAN38/month, 20GB download, 10GB upload, $CAN7.95 per additional gigabyte, up to a maximum of $CAN30 per month.
Name Of ISP: Videotron

My details:
Connection Speed: 5.1MB
Cost Per Month: $CAN38/month, 20GB download, 10GB upload, $CAN7.95 per additional gigabyte, up to a maximum of $CAN30 per month.
Name Of ISP: Videotron

WOW

If I had a 5.1Mb connection I'd hit that 20GB transfer once a week!

I currently transfer around 10GB every 2 weeks.

SE

WOW

If I had a 5.1Mb connection I'd hit that 20GB transfer once a week!

I currently transfer around 10GB every 2 weeks.

SE

I could pay 25$ more and have unlimited transfer with 6.5mb connection

i´m paying about $40

Is anyone keeping track of the relative costs involved here?

My details:
Connection Speed: 10,000Kbps Download - 1,000kbps upload
Cost Per Month: $39.99 unlimited
Name Of ISP: Cablevision - Optimum Online

Connection Speed: 1.5Mb
Cost Per Month: $AU60 for 5GB Peak time, 5GB off-peak time
Name Of ISP: Netspace Online Systems

well, out here in BFE, we have either Dial-up or Satelite. Nothing else. Just that. Not enough money to have DSL put out here.

Dial-up here.... well.... it's like.. well...
You click on a link, go to the kitchen, make a pot rost dinner, do the laundy and the dishes, and the page has only loaded about 45%.
I have the satelite. It is good so far. But, I can't complain. I don't have to pay for it... my dad does.
he pays about $50 bucks a mo.

we have an ADSL connection rated at 512 but NEVER GETS THERE. we pay about 1200 rand per month which is about $170 or 120 pounds. our telecomunications SUCK. It is one of the most expensive prices for the least service out.

i live in South Africa (not for long going to UK for working holiday)

William, the reason you pay so much is because of Telkom. Having done business in South Africa for many years, I can assure you of this. Telkom is also the reason you can´t use 2.4GHz wireless for anything commercial that crosses private land (not sure about personal).

Telkom has a virtual monopoly on all servies dealing with telecommunications in SA.

I know, Telkom is also the reason that the secon telecoms company have been "waiting" for the past few years befor they can start. Most of the wireless networks i know of (including the airforce base down the road) run on 2.4Ghz.

I forgot to mention the connection has a 3Gb cap to it as well!!!!

check out telkoms rival website www.helkom.co.za (quite a few lawsuits have been initialized)

The airforce is probably exempt from any BS that Telkom puts out but I know the restrictions on 2.4 were initialized and lobbied by Telkom. They didn´t like competition for their services. Imagine how companies that use IP telephones eat into their profits! However, as I mentioned, I believe you can still use 2.4 if it doesn´t cross anybody else´s space. Things might have changed since I was there last or keeping up with it. I was in Europe and covering Africa on my business assignment but have since moved back to the US and have not been involved with SA.

I sure do like it down there, however. Have made some very good friends there and wish it weren´t so far away. I dearly love to go out on the Kruger and others...

My details:
Connection Speed: 1.5 MBPS up / 0.25 MBPS down
Cost Per Month: $30/mo, unlimited
Name Of ISP: Verizon

I live about an hour from the northern border of Kruger National Park. as far as i can tell most wireless lans are 2.4 (not too much of a boffin). there are cheaper solutions Wireless internet (SenTech?) in the main cities though, I read somewhere in a SA computer magazine that broadband in UK / US is considered 512 in SA the consideration is 192 (for this connection you pay nothing under 500 rand).

Unless you are in a developing country - YOU MAY NOT COMPLAIN!!!
our dialup speeds are running at break the computer speads (against the furtherest wall when you need to reconnect for the 7th time to retrieve the "Reply to post" email from DaniWeb)

$26.95/mon-2281 dn-222 up-Charter Pipeline-Charter-MI Down from $29.95 Love my Pipeline.

ADSL
$100.00 per month
Speed 100.Mbps

Connection Type: ADSL.
Connection Speed: 5440Kbits down, 992Kbits up.
Cost Per Month: $50 a month, 10Gb peak/10Gb off-peak, shaped to 64Kbits after that.
Name Of ISP: iiNet.

yea, i use Optimum Online too, I think its $55/month

Connection Speed: 1.5Mb/256Mb
Cost Per Month: $AU60 10Gig limit
Name Of ISP:Westnet

56K Dial up--only get 33.6kbps downloads take hours
$6.95/month unlimited
access4less.net
USA

I live in the Central Rocky Mountains in a tiny mountain town. Pop is less than 3000. You can get cable for $50/month---but I'm to poor for that. Not many numbers on the dial-up list, and they are all slow. I could get satelite, but also too expensive.

It's all a trade off. I got no traffic problems and when I want to go outside and play-- it's a 5 minute ride to the lake, ski lift or hiking trail.

Hey All,

Connection: Boardband Cable.
Connection Speed: 6.5Mbs Per Second.
Connection Provider: Rogers Communication.
Price $34.95 Per/Month..

:eek: :eek:
Peace out,
Michael

Hey All,

Connection: Boardband Cable.
Connection Speed: 6.5Mbs Per Second.
Connection Provider: Rogers Communication.
Price $34.95 Per/Month..

:eek: :eek:
Peace out,
Michael

Thats funny cuz rogers dont even have a 6.5mbps connection. They have 5mb for 47$. 3mb for 45$, 256kbps for 30$ and 20$ for 128kbps. where did you get your 6.5mb number? It doesnt even exist. lol ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.