How pirate 2.0 update affect SEO?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Depends if your site has links to or is involved with 'illegal' TV/movie content I would imagine. Otherwise, nothing much to see here...

Well, over here I seemed to agree with @happygeek as it drop in ranking is only observed over the websites that are linked with the illegal/TV movie content ! One more thing I was hearing that this update was targeted over the various torrent networks. So, i guess the major effect is seen by such websites! Anyway this has cleared that Google has started getting stirct and stricter.

It great that google pirate update is affecting the serps for torrent websites with illegal, without copyright movies,videos and songs. These updates will definitely cause some drop in the traffic for these website although it cant be stopped fully.

commented: Well, yes I would say they must have started seeing the effect I don't remember actually I was going through some place where the traffic is showing a deep decrease ! +3

Funny how this update lined up with all the legal activities surrounding the founders of pirate bay over the last month and a half.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.