Hi guyz,
How to Determine the Number (and Quality) of Backlinks You Need to Rank?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

There are tools, some free, some not, such as the ones at Moz, that let you figure out which keywords are the most competitive and which are easier to rank for.

However, there’s no “one size fits all” when it comes to just how many links you’ll need, because quality is much more important than quantity. One really awesome, authoritative backlink could be worth 10,000 crappy ones.

Also, if you’re not already using it, I highly recommend the free version of Ahrefs.

Moz and Ahrefs are indeed popular tools in the SEO industry that can help you improve your website's visibility in search engine results. They provide various features for keyword research, backlink analysis, site auditing, competitor research, and more.

Both Moz and Ahrefs offer free versions with limited features, which can be helpful for those who are just starting out or have basic SEO needs.

Yep! you guyz, are right, you can use ahref and moz to learn lot of insights about your keywords.

The title of the post and the subject din't mentioned anything about keywords or "words of interest" to by more precise, it just mentioned "backlinks" . I that context my experience says that backlinks building , black or "white" SEO is dead in 2023. Your rank has more to do with what you are serving , how you do it and how people react to it . I strongly believe that this is by far a better way

Focus on high-quality, relevant links, and monitor your progress.
Don't forget to be patient in your SEO efforts.

To figure out how many and what kind of backlinks you need to rank, check what your competitors are doing and look at industry norms and create a plan of action according to that and also focus on getting good links from reputable sites to do so tools like Ahrefs or Moz can help you see what's working and how to implement your strategy.

commented: good question +0

There are no exact figures that how much backlinks you will need, in fact there are no rules applied in SEO overall. You have to check competitors that how much backlinks they have made, from where they are getting links. Just put their URL in Ahrefs and spy on competitor backlinks strategy, in this way you will have a roadmap.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.