I recently started a forum and wanted to know how or where I could advertise. I already sumitted it to google, yahoo and such but are there other places I could advertise and know people are seeing it?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

There really aren't without paying ... Just keep writing good, quality content that people are naturally going to want to write about and blog about. Make connections in your industry by forming partnerships with bloggers who complement what your forum is about. That's the best way to get your name out there.

You can use free link directories :d
it is allways good.
hmmmmmm use "Exchange ads" with other sites links or banners it is always good , and you have alot of paied promo campagins google them around .
Good luck to you.

Yeah free is a hard term, try get some google adsense revenue and spend it all on forum posting services. works for me

I have a cool idea for you.... Submit it to social networking websites... and to make your life easier.. I have the perfect tool that i can suggest to you.

Try Bookmark Submitter Pro and see the results. I am sure you will like what you will get...

If you are totally new to SEO, first improve your on site optimization.

Your index page doesn't really have any content and you are just not going to get good placement for the keywords you have chosen which are very vague. ("the" is not a good keyword choice) When I type in "thegeekweb" I can find you but I would have to know that I should type that in because when I type in "the geek web" you aren't located on the first page of search engine results and that isn't good. However if you used "grade four language arts" as a keyword phrase and provided rich content to that end you will place a lot higher (probably number 1, I checked and there is no real competition) and your site will gain a lot more hits and sign-ups.

Promoting a forum may require time and effort but it is worth it. I have created and promoted forums in the past. My lessons learned are:
1. Content - you need to constantly create content and keep the content fresh and valuable.
2. Invite other bloggers or other people you think may benefit from the site.
3. Use social bookmarks. Stumble your site.
4. Promote it on Craigslist.

There really aren't without paying ... Just keep writing good, quality content that people are naturally going to want to write about and blog about. Make connections in your industry by forming partnerships with bloggers who complement what your forum is about. That's the best way to get your name out there.

content is the king , and communicate actively

There are no. of link directories and forums hubs for making your forum popular. But the main aspect of the popularity is the quality of the content not only posted by you but also by the members. Keep it updated, make it do-follow forum.

There are many ways to promote your website: SEO, PPC, etc. etc. However, there are some key ways specific to forums. There are many forum directories that you can submit to for free. I would also recommend joining a community specific to forum owners. (theadminzone is one... i don't want to link it but you can Google it) Another method that works specifically well is talking on other related forums and putting your forum in the signature - only if allowed of course. The people seeing your link already are part of a forum so probably have nothing against joining another similar one, especially if you have something extra to offer.

Then, of course you should build links to your website and get it high on search engines to really get a steady stream of relevant traffic.

The best way to post your forums is in social networking sites

create a forum is far more complicated than take part in one
so , i think u should devote a lot of time and effort ,esp, to make it membership grow , then u could expect u benefit from that

Promoting a forum may require time and effort but it is worth it. I have created and promoted forums in the past. My lessons learned are:
1. Content - you need to constantly create content and keep the content fresh and valuable.
2. Invite other bloggers or other people you think may benefit from the site.
3. Use social bookmarks. Stumble your site.
4. Promote it on Craigslist.

agree, u really make it a forum not just another spammy place

Getting quality of back links helps promote your site.. You can participate on the following techniques to get tons of back links:

- article submissions
- blog commenting
- classified ads
- directory submissions
- forum posting (link signature)
- link exchange (exchange links on relevant sites with high PR)
- press release
- online groups
- social media and networking
- social bookmarking (like reddit, stumbleupon)

A lot has been said, and i still have one to add.
Now remember every forum member you get is someone who will possibly add lots and lots of content to your forum, a great reason to be nice to everyone who visits.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.