Hi all,

I would appreciate, if you can please answer couple of questions I have right now regarding "Any procedures or methodologies for attracting traffic to my blog:

1. I have customized my blog using wordpress and I am ready with my blog with relevant content regarding Technical Writing. What is the process or approach to ask individuals to visit my blog and leave there comments? I believe the straight question is "How to attract traffic"?

2. And how to retain the visitors to my blog so that they can review my blog for new posts and archives regularliy? Again the straight question "How to ensure the my blog is regularliy visited"?

Hope my questions make sense.

Have a great day.

Thanks and regards,
hydtechwriter

Recommended Answers

All 26 Replies

well, I will try to answer your second question.
U'd better setup a Feedburner account and make it as easy as possible for your readers to access your posts through a variety of different subscription services. Also be sure to allow your readers to receive your posts via email.

and also, I still come across blogs with a very tiny RSS icon hidden in the bottom corner of their blog. Be sure to add a large RSS icon in a highly visible section of your blog. Again, make it easy for your readers.
hope those will help u with the my blog is regularliy visited.

Also joining few blogger community will help you in getting attention of other bloggers.

I suppose the easiest and fastest way to get traffic to your blog would be to buy it.

As for question 2, the ONLY way to retain visitors is to provide quality material that is of use to the visitor. Make sure you update content regularly, and DO encourage visitors to subscribe to your RSS feed if you have one.

Are you suggesting to buy traffic?

In regards to number 2, make sure that you have a recent posts and recent comments widget in your side bar. This will encourage people to know where they can find your most recent posts.

Also, you should have an RSS signup somewhere on my page. I use feedburner. I only have like 15 or so readers, but they look for my content regularly.

Regarding number 1, A couple important techniques I use are as follows:

1- Find similar blogs and read them and post in their comments. This will hopefully get you readers in relavent niches.

2- Find forums that are relavent in your topic and post in them with a link to your site in the Sig.

3- Find similar websites and ask for link swaps.

That's just some of the stuff I do. I could tell you more, but then I'd either have to bill you or kill you. LOL. JK.

Are you suggesting to buy traffic?

Yup..

I strongly recommend you to often include postings about topics that relevant to your blog. It helps build up keywords. Also, I recommend you to reference other blogs and write the blogger a note to notify this.

I agree with above comments... Write more content. If you want quality traffic, you've got to write content. People will not visit your site if you don't write a decent amount of good quality content, and new visitors definitely won't come back. So keep writing great posts.

Hi all,

I would appreciate, if you can please answer couple of questions I have right now regarding "Any procedures or methodologies for attracting traffic to my blog:

1. I have customized my blog using wordpress and I am ready with my blog with relevant content regarding Technical Writing. What is the process or approach to ask individuals to visit my blog and leave there comments? I believe the straight question is "How to attract traffic"?

2. And how to retain the visitors to my blog so that they can review my blog for new posts and archives regularliy? Again the straight question "How to ensure the my blog is regularliy visited"?

Hope my questions make sense.

Have a great day.

Thanks and regards,
hydtechwriter

For the first one, I think u should make your blog a do follow one and then promote it in the social networking which gonna help your with the new traffic.
For the second, i think the key is to keep putting in fresh content. Without fresh content, the traffic that you are trying to attract will have nothing new to read and they wonld not keep visiting.

Engaging on social networking sites like twitter and facebook drives more traffic.

you must do blog posting & forum posting to get Pr & if you have PR then traffic to your blog will be increased. thanks

There are two types of traffic. Free & Paid one.
If you are interested in free traffic then SEO your webstie and try to get more and more backlinks, write articles, yahoo answers, blog posting etc. etc.
Use PPC for paid traffic. You will get your traffic slowly and you will not get it overnight. You can also use email marketing for a quick response, for this purpose you should have a good email list

* 1.The easiest and fastest way to get traffic to your blog would be to buy it.
* 2.The ONLY way to retain visitors is to provide quality material

I am using twitter as a marketing tool for my business blog and so far I'm getting lot's of traffic from there. Also the good thing about it is you can target people geographically.

Here's some tips on how you will be able to use twitter as a marketing tool.

SNIP

Goodluck!

As to attract traffic to your blog is to post a unique content and title, after that you ping your blog as to refresh the new content

First of all let me say that your questions surely makes sense.

-> No matter how much you customized your blog, its important how well have you optimized it. As far as traffic is concerned, it is better that visitors reach your website on their own instead of you asking them to reach.This helps in gaining an authoritative position.Inorder to attract traffic to your blog, its important that your blog is updated with high quality unique and useful content.This would help you get better rankings in the search engines.Plus you would earn a better trust rank in the eye of the visitor, this is one of the very important factors of online success.

2. And how to retain the visitors to my blog so that they can review my blog for new posts and archives regularly? Again the straight question "How to ensure the my blog is regularly visited"?

-> The only way that your blog is visited on a regular basis is to keep it updated with useful content.

Informative content is what you will need to drive traffic to your blog. RSS feeds are the great way to get new content on your site. Optimizing the websites for search engines is must to get the benefit from search engines.

Back links helps. If you want to increase the amount of traffic, then you have to participate on the techniques that helps generate back links such as blog commenting, forum posting, article and directory submissions, social bookmarking, online groups, classified ads, link exchange and press release.

hi this is the one if the difficult task that we have to do to increase tarffic on our site so any suggestion for the new comer

Search engine Optimization is the best way to drive natural traffic to your blog. Otherwise you can expect unique content and regular updates to drive traffic and retain your readers.

Google’s Adwords and Yahoo’s Overture provide great advertising schemes that are very truly popular and assures great traffic. Although with this surefire way to increase your traffic would cost some money.

While some would shy away from spending money to increase traffic, it is imperative in this case to do so because Adwords and Overture is the top surefire way to increase your traffic.

Join forums and form online communities

Capture a market and show your expertise and credibility. When you found a good foundation for your site, people will trust you and your site and will pass on to many people their trust.

Traffic will certainly increase because they know that you can provide what they need.

I have been using twitter from some time to get traffic to my blog and I am happy with the amount of traffic.

You can do blog submissions for your blogs and Yes RSS feed is also an easy approach..

There are a number of things you can do to attract traffic to your blog, including:

1. Publish high-quality content that is relevant to your target audience.
  2. Optimize your content for search engines.
  3. Promote your content on social media.
  4. Submit your content to popular directories and article sites.
  5. Use keyword-rich anchor text in your links.
  6. Exchange links with other bloggers in your niche and so on.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.