Hello all

i have a large amout of data which is shared on my loaal area network with windows xp
now i want to put all the data on ftp site wiich is localy hosted on my pc and i want to upload all the data on it how can i do that. any idea for that....

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If it's hosted locally, just copy and paste everything into a folder on the site.
If there is no index page in the folder then looking at the site in a browser will show a list of all the files. Of course it would be better if they were organised in folders by topic. The web server configuration will determine whether it shows the list of files, or an access denied page. But as it's your site hosted locally, you can make it do whatever you want.

If it's hosted locally, just copy and paste everything into a folder on the site.
If there is no index page in the folder then looking at the site in a browser will show a list of all the files. Of course it would be better if they were organised in folders by topic. The web server configuration will determine whether it shows the list of files, or an access denied page. But as it's your site hosted locally, you can make it do whatever you want.

How can you configure if your webserver shows a list of files, or an acces denied page?
I need the list of files, but I get the acces denied page :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.