I dropped my laptop and it hit pretty hard on the ground. Now when I go to turn it on it has to check the disc for file failuse. Once its done and boots up I can't click or do anything. Programs won't open up, I ry to hit ctl alt del to get my task manager up and that doesn't work. I can't even get my windows bar to pop up so I can shut it down. I have to hold down the power button. Any ideas on what it might be?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think you have messed up with your laptop by dropping it. the harddisk might have got affected because of the dropping. take it to the service centre and if you are lucky, see if they can help you with data recovery. It might cost you a new hard disk.

I think when you repare your hard disk already , you should go to settings and select safety protection for hard drive. So when you shake or drop , the hard disk will mve to a safe place

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.