can i build a computer with 2 motherboards,cpu's ram,ect using either dual core format or say p4ht. If so how does it work and where would you get a case for this? Thanks..Miles

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

yeah, its called a cluster but its not any good as a home PC. Its only good for intense numbercrunching or server tasks.

Why on earth would you want to do that anyway?

A friend of mine did video for a few businesses and he always built one this way. This was back in 2000 though when 500mhz was tops and he coulfd get a gig of power he said for his video's. I mainly mess with video's and thought i might try it . but like you said maybe it is not worth it. I do not want to jump into something that is past history. Dual core computers are ok but not as fast as you would think. IMO. Thanks for the imput. Hopefully i will get some more. again thanks for the info...Miles

its common for servers to have 2 or 4 cpus, each with potentially many cores. Normal versions of windows do not support more than 2 cpus but they can support many cores.

back in 2000 though when 500mhz was tops

wrong. my laptop from 2000 is 1ghz and it cost well under $3000

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.