I have my friend's PC which is almost identical to my so i told him i would look at it. When you start it, you don't get video. The screen wont even turn on. These are the troubleshooting steps i took. There is no internal speaker unfortunately. Yes, the DVD/CD drive opens and closes. the fans run, but I'm not sure if they are running full speed. It almost sounds like they are running a little slow. I took the memory out of my PC and put it in this one, and it didn't make a difference. i made sure everything was connected all the way. The video is built into the MB, no video card. Anyway,i think its the MB. Just wanted to see if anyone here has experienced something like this. Thanks for your time.

Mike

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

try swapping the power supply first ,sounds like it running at half power ,maybe it is ,psu can work fans but not have a enough power to run computer

good point. ill give it a shot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.