Hey guys great site and brilliant to see such a weath of infbmation and assistance. I picked up a second hand laptop from ebay its an ECS G731 and would like to increase its ram it has a 1.7 pentium 4 processor and 768mb of ram already but idlike to put another gig in to make it 1.5 gb

i was searching on a memory upgrade site and my laptop requires this type of memory its capacity is 2gb

Memory
Type DRAM
Technology DDR
Form Factor SODIMM
Memory Speed 266MHz
Data Integrity Check NON-ECC
RAM Features UNBUFFERED
Module Configuration 128x64
Supply Voltage 2.5V

i was looking on ebay and saw some ram that seemed compatible but it says 266/300mhz and im not sure what this will mean in terms of performance for my laptop and also the 266/300mhz are pc2700 and the 266mhz are pc2100 i wasnt sure if i should go for the 266 or the 266/300. Any help would be great i am hoping to do a bit of photoshop work with the laptop eventually so id like ram that will work best for that programme. Cheers guys an help will be much appreciated and ive provided enough information.

cheers matt

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

sorry i revise it was 266/333mhz

sorry i revise it was 266/333mhz

if the laptop is only rated for 266 then there is no advantage to buying the 333 as the laptop will only run at 266.that said if the ram is rated 333/266 ,then it will run at either speed .so it won't hut to buy 333/266 if the price is the same as the 266 ram l .

yeah the ram i was looking at ran at both speeds so as long as it wont affect performance then i will take the cheaper option and go for the 266/333 ram many thanks mate

yeah the ram i was looking at ran at both speeds so as long as it wont affect performance then i will take the cheaper option and go for the 266/333 ram many thanks mate

nope no affect ,if you use 333 and a stick of 266 in same computer ,the 333 just runs at 266 the lowest speed the computer is compatible with ..good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.