Hi, I play EQ which has started giving me problems. At first, I would crash when zoning. Someone told me to go to an older video card driver; so I went from NVidia GeForce FX 5500 driver version 6.14.11.6921 to older version 174.74.

That allowed me to zone into areas where I had crashed but presented a new problem: Crashing to the blue screen of death after playing for about 10 minutes - - message
"***STOP 0x0000008E (etc etc)"
"***nv4_disp.dll - address BFB6D898 base at...."

I use Windows XP and have no idea why this is happening now. I disable firewalls and stuff before playing.

Help!

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Well, the part for 0x0000008e doesn't work for that link.
In the meantime, I have noticed that my computer is getting slower and slower.
Sounds like a trojan, but I have run Norton, AVG test (took over 8 hours, talk about slow), Trojan Remover, Spybot, CCCleaner, and PC Pitstop Optimize.
I thought to delete and reload video card driver but my Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel just shows a blank box.
AGGGGG. Help! (Remembering that I am computer challenged.)

I thought to delete and reload video card driver but my Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel just shows a blank box.

use CCleaner,tools section for add and remove programs
as for 08e not working for that link ,i don't know what you mean,open the link and scroll down the center section until you come to 0000000008e

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.