first of all i would like to thank this website and the following websites for all the help they have given me in building my pc. 2 months ago i knew almost nothing about hardware. now, 1000 posts later anf 10000 replies later, i have an extremely cheap and fast pc, that i have over clocked myself, and a wealth of knowledge that will serve me well as my major is electrical engineering.

episteme.arstechnica.com
www.computing.net
www.daniweb.com
forums.cnet.com
www.computerforum.com

secondly, i would like to suggest that others build the same pc i have made, because it is so cheap and so fast:

e7200 287 x 9.5
ga ep35 -ATTENTION! THIS BOARD DOES NOT LET U CHANGE VCORE. but as it so happens, with my flodded memory bandwith, my memory became the limiting reagent before my cpu did.
ocz hyperx 2x2 gb 287 at 1:2
8800gt - mine had a HUGE heat sink but i bought the last one on new egg :)
se16 640 gb
\this case and spu works great, hpc used to make power supplies for expensive servers: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811121002
and any cheap dvd burner

Contributor
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by allbuisness1234

i should also mention that i found about 100 computer building forums, narrowed them down to 30 with the appropriate number of responses, and then these great sites were the most knowledgeable of the 30

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.