I have the following system configuration:

• Ultra aluminus midtower case
  • Ultra X-Pro 600watt APFC psu (80 PLUS certified)
  • Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L Motherboard with F4 BIOS
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 with stock cooler
  • PNY 2gb ddr2-800 ram
  • 120gb hard drive
  • HIS Radeon HD2600PRO Ice-Q 512MB Video Card
  • Single 120mm rear exhaust fan (soon to be better exhaust fan and 120mm intake fan)

So my question is, is there a way to overclock my e7200 without:

raising my temps much
requiring an after market cpu cooler
needing voltage/vcore changes
needing any ram overclocking

It currently is running at stock 2.53ghz speed. I want to get a little more speed out of it, while meeting the conditions above. Is it possible. Thanks for your help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jermaghs07

raising my temps much
requiring an after market cpu cooler
needing voltage/vcore changes
needing any ram overclocking

lol,you want to overclock it but don't want to change anything !
Hi ,i have never overclocked a computer but read up on it a few time over the years and I think all those things will have to occur to overclock the computer .
http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2
check the first sticky in this forum

yea.... ummm... why do you want to overclock again? you say you don't want to overclock it much. but to be able to tell a difference in performance you would have to overclock it by alot. if you overclocked it from a 2.5 to like a 3.0 or a 3.2 you would see a performance increase. but with that comes all the things you mentioned you didn't want to do...

my advice. don't overclock at all. that is a good CPU don't shorten is life span just for a MINOR performance increase. trust me you would need a stress test to be able to tell the difference.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.