my mother board
INTEL D945GCCR + Pentium D Dual Core: 3.00 GHz
+ 1GB DDR2 RAM 533 Mhz(single module)

1)my cpu fan too much noisy...and make lot of noise continously...whole day..and intermiitently..

what is possible reason.....and remedy..???

2) Second problem is when i add additional another 1GB DDR2 RAM (533 Mhz(single module)) my computer becomes slow...and after some time..computer shuts down saying beacsue of "CPU thermal shutdown"

what is possible reason.....and remedy..??

Waiting for reply

Thanks & Regards
Vishal

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

what is possible reason.....

bad ,fan .

and remedy..??

buy a new fan!

as for ram the 2 could be related ,fix fan first then try other ram

Either you buy a new fan, or wait for your existing fan to eventually damage your processor or cpu. After about four years on a second hand IBM desktop I found myself bringing the cpu to a tech shop to have the still working fan cleaned up--then I lost what I suspected was unusual noise.

my mother board
INTEL D945GCCR + Pentium D Dual Core: 3.00 GHz
+ 1GB DDR2 RAM 533 Mhz(single module)

1)my cpu fan too much noisy...and make lot of noise continously...whole day..and intermiitently..

what is possible reason.....and remedy..?

The reason for the noisy fan is that there are small ball bearings in the fan unit after time these wear on the plastic bearing faces this after time course them to rattle or chaff on this facing. hence the noise. only way to cure this is replace the fan and while you are at it you may want to put a better one in as copper ones are going very cheap these days and it is good insurance for the cooling of the cpu. " cpu's hate heat cooler the better ".
best JJ.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.