Hello,

I just wanted to know if there is any site where i can get drivers for the following motherboard: M848A by PC-Chips. It's pretty unusual and im finding it hard to find drivers for the devices connected to the motherboard. In particular i want a site where i can download drivers for my motherboard since i have re-installed the XP OS on my computer many times.

Also another problem i am having is regards to my soud driver which supports the Realtek AC97 Audio Driver (which i think it does because i've installed a driver for it and the sound works fine. (5.10.0.5830)

The problem i am facing is rather unusual, (i am running Windows XP service pack 3). If i was to play an mp3 track, i use VLC media player, it will play fine and i could hear the music with no problems. However if i mute the sound in volume control, i can still hear the music, Why is this?, its rather unusual for that to happen. Also if i use Windows Media Player the same problem would occur. Is there a driver conflict or have i not installed the correct drivers for my soundcard. It's rather confusing. Also when i have my earphones plugged in, the sound is maxed out in VLC Media player, yet its so low, if i go to volume control and attempt to move the bar up and down to increase and decrease the volume i do not notice any difference at all, what is the problem here?

I would be extremely greatful if someone helps me to resolve my issue, i'm looking forward to the comments, thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Thank you both for the very prompt reply, i just wanted to ask does it matter which BIOS version i have, i don't really want to take the risk in updating it to v5.0 incase i screw up.

Cheers...

Thank you both for the very prompt reply, i just wanted to ask does it matter which BIOS version i have, i don't really want to take the risk in updating it to v5.0 incase i screw up.

Cheers...

my opinion ,and most[all] motherboard manufactures opinion ,you should not up date bios unless newer version will fix an issue you are having !

Alright Cheers!, i did find this out earlier, i'm trying the driver update now, and i will report back incase i have any furthur issues.

Ok i've updated the driver, the sound is working fine, but when my earphones are in, the volume up and down in volume control has no affect on the volume, and when i mute from volume control the volume doesnt mute. I've made another discovery, When i go to volume control , turn the volume up and down under the Waver section, it does what its supposed to do, and when i mute under "Wave" section the volume is muted, whats up with that? it used to be volume control before, now Wave has tooken over :S its a bit confusing, and ive checked that my earphones are plugged into the correct port.

Anybody?, its really beginning to bug me, so i would appreciate any help where possible..

Anybody?, its really beginning to bug me, so i would appreciate any help where possible..

sorry ,I have no idea ,never seen this in my 12 yrs of computer interest!

maybe wrong the new driver
Is it working with your old sound driver?

maybe wrong the new driver
Is it working with your old sound driver?

The sound is working absolutely fine, both with a new and old driver. The problem is that "Master Volume" doesn't respond too when it's muted, or when you slide the bar up and down to increase/decrease the volume. Also it looks like the "Wave" section has tooken over the "master volume's" job as it does what the master volume is supposed to do i.e. reacting when muting and decreasing/increasing the volume..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.