Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

Where can I find one. My board has a two pin led and my case has a 3 pin female plug. I can't find one. Anyone know where I can get one.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Where can I find one. My board has a two pin led and my case has a 3 pin female plug. I can't find one. Anyone know where I can get one.

3 pin female plug.. that's odd. Usually they are all 2-pin female plugs, except for the beeper that is sometimes 4-pin female plug, yet with only 2 wires.

(this goes if you have 2 wires on 3-pin female plug)
You can switch wires from one hole to another (I guess you need one wire in middle hole) with a needle or very thin screwdriver. You need to lift the plastic nob that holds the end of the wire and pull the wire out of the socket. No damage necessary. Now you can insert it in the middle hole (you should hear a click), but beware of the wire's orientation. If you rotate it, the nob won't hold it and when you plug it in, that wire will be pushed back out. That is, if the 2 pins are on the end of the row... otherwise find some used 2-pin female plug and (pull out both wires) and replace the existing 3-pin female plug.

No need to buy extra junk.

I usually cut the female in the middle, and get two single females. connect them to the mb and thassit

I usually cut my fingers trying to cut 5mm long and 2mm wide very hard piece of plastic with very sharp scalpel.

I usually cut my fingers trying to cut 5mm long and 2mm wide very hard piece of plastic with very sharp scalpel.

you, my friend, must be VERY clumsy (no offense)
I use a simple wire cutter

Yup.. That's why I'm keeping clear of sharp objects.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.