i just got my computer back from a computer repair store and they didnt install windows, i took it home and tried to install it and it says "Hard disk drive not found" so i call them back and they say i need to use the Asus A8V DDeluxe cd to create a floppy boot disk to get the drivers so itll see the hard drive but i dont know how to create the boot disc i went to the Drivers Folder and then the VIARAID folder and created a floppy and when i try to run it on my computer it says "Reboot and slect proper boot device or insert boot media in boot device and press any key" what am i doing wrong? :eek:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

A quick question, why did your PC need to go the repair shop

umm... an even better question.... not only why did the computer go to the repair shop.... but why didn't they install it themselves?

Oh yes.. and have you by any chance looked inside your computer to see if the hard drive is even there anymore?

You should be booting from the CD, and when prompted by the Windows installation routine to "Press F6 to install drivers" you should be popping the driver floppy in the drive and then pressing the function key.

You should be booting from the CD, and when prompted by the Windows installation routine to "Press F6 to install drivers" you should be popping the driver floppy in the drive and then pressing the function key.

What if you have lost the driver floppy?

I have a removable HD which lights up when system is on, but HD cannot be detected. The problem started when I had a problem with my other pc {Ntldr missing ...shit!}. I swapped hard drive - inserting problem pc's HD onto the removable HD position (slave}. When I returned back; my computer failed to detect the removal drive. And it has been like that ever since {can't get to some vital programmes anymore.

Bootsystem -----

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.