hey guyz

well you know the wire the goes to the mobo not the 24pin one, the 4 or 8pin one, well my mobo uses an 8pin, so i cut of the 4pin head, and duck taped each wire individually to prevent a short circuit, anyways i have 2 qestions:

1) is ok for me to run my pc like this?

2) should i just leave it, or open the psu and remove the wires from the board?

btw another qestion and im not sure if they are related, but my pc restarts when i move it even just a bit, duno if its from the hdd

I would NOT run it like that, even if you got the wiring right any short in those connections could fry your motherboard. Ideally you could find an adapter on the internet to work with your motherboard, but if you have to splice at least use proper connections. And for goodness sake TRIPPLE check the wiring layout before you turn anything on.

As for shutting off when you move it, that's probably a loose connection in the power feed (either the power cord or an internal connection.

I would NOT run it like that, even if you got the wiring right any short in those connections could fry your motherboard. Ideally you could find an adapter on the internet to work with your motherboard, but if you have to splice at least use proper connections. And for goodness sake TRIPPLE check the wiring layout before you turn anything on.

As for shutting off when you move it, that's probably a loose connection in the power feed (either the power cord or an internal connection.

cool, thanks alot.

i run mine just the same as you described originally and its fine you just have to double check that the connectors are isolated from each other completely i use electrical insulation tape and i am always rigurus with checking it all b4 powering up

As stated before, double check your wire leads to make sure they are completely isolated, If your system is turning off when it is moved slightly it sounds like a short, potentially from the wires you cut. If double checking and re-tapeing them doesnt fix it, then check the reset of your power connections to see if any are loose. Also, look into the connectors themselves, it is not uncommon for the metal pins inside the plastic molex connectors to start to work themselves out of the connector resulting in a poor connection.

As far as opening the PSU and altering.modding anything inside it, DONT DO IT. Its easy for even a seasoned pro to screw up something inside a PSU and the results can be quite dangerous when power is reapplied.

Hope this helps