Hello,

A while ago, my motherboard gave up after 5 years of faithful service. Naturally, I'm looking for a replacement but have had a load of trouble finding one.

It was an NF4ST-A9 board (Socket 939) ATX board. I've found others that would do the job, the only trouble being is that they're out of my price range at near enough 50 pounds. I did however find another one on eBay for about 10 pounds (sorry, no pound symbol on this Mac). Trouble is, despite being able to fit my current hardware, it's a micro-ATX board.

I was just wondering if it was possible to use this board anyway. I have a feeling that the back of the computer wouldn't fit the slots (Mainly just for my graphics card).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Micro ATX-Boards *should* fit in full-ATX boards, just not the other way around.

. I have a feeling that the back of the computer wouldn't fit the slots

With regards to the ports, the motherboard comes with a metal plate with the port holes cut in it. With regards to the PCI slots, im less sure. I think it should still line up, though.

For a tenner you may as well give it a try.

And also if you are looking for a brand new motherboard (or better, a motherboard/CPU bundle) check out Novatech. A good UK site, would reccomend.

. I have a feeling that the back of the computer wouldn't fit the slots

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.