Hi,
I'm planning to assemble a new pc, and I have chosen all the parts that i need, the only thing is I can't be sure if these parts are all ok and are likely to work with each other.

Processor: Intel i5 760 2.8GHz Socket 1156 8MB L3 Cache
Mobo: ASUS P7P55D iP55 Socket LGA 1156 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard
Memory: Corsair 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3 i5 Memory Kit CL9(9-9-9-24) 1.65V
Graphics Card: ASUS HD 5770 Cu Core 1GB GDDR5 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card
PSU: Arctic Power 700W PSU - With PCI-E, 4x SATA, 20+4, ATX12V, 8pin +12V Connectors
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Scout

The rest of the components I have like, HDD, DVD-RW, monitor, etc. I want to buy 8GB at the same time because its cheaper to buy it all at once, i'm not sure if i should buy 1 4x2GB at 1600Mhz or get 2 2x2GB at 2000Mhz for about £60 more, I want to get the combination that's the most future proof. I'd like to not have to buy another pc in the next four years. Later on I will probably get the 4GB modules when they become more common as the mother supports 4x4GB modules Dual Channel. I'm not really going to use the PC for any graphics intensive applications like gaming, (photo editing mostly, photoshop and illustrator, that sort of thing), although sometimes i do need more horsepower.

Let me know what you think and if I've made a massive gaffe, make sure you don't let me hear the end of it.

just be sure you'll be putting a 64 bit version OS on there because if you run 32 bit you will likely only be using half of all that sexy ram.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.