When my PC is under a heavy load, such as from a high graphics game or DVD, it starts emitting a two tone beeping sound. I have checked for overheating, disabled the alarms, and checked everything I can think of that might be causing the sound, but with no success. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This PC is running an ABIT IS7-E, P4 3.2Ghz Northwood, four memory sticks @ 512mb each, Geforce 6200 512Mpb card, 2 Sticks OCZ ram, 2 sticks Alienware ram All pc3200, all installed correctly.

When my PC is under a heavy load, such as from a high graphics game or DVD, it starts emitting a two tone beeping sound. I have checked for overheating, disabled the alarms, and checked everything I can think of that might be causing the sound, but with no success. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This PC is running an ABIT IS7-E, P4 3.2Ghz Northwood, four memory sticks @ 512mb each, Geforce 6200 512Mpb card, 2 Sticks OCZ ram, 2 sticks Alienware ram All pc3200, all installed correctly.

If you look @ the temperature reported on the PWM Temp, does it go much above the upper warning limit for a fraction of a second under heavy CPU utilisation (a couple of seconds after starting a high grapics game or rendering a movie) in correspondence
with the beeps?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.