Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I don't know a lot about intel motherboards. I need a cpu that will fit that is at least 2.6ghz. What do you recommend? It has to be an intel. I built a computer for a guy and his sign machine and it is not compatible with an amd chip. Help is needed fast.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Is this board ABIT GD8 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 915P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
compatible with this cpu
Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 800MHz FSB 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor - Retail

Ok, now answer me this. I have to change the motherboard and the cpu because of incompatability with a piece of equipment it will be running. Will I have to uninstall the os and then reinstall. The only thing I will be changing is the mobod and cpu. I have an oem xp pro.

yes you will have to reinstall the os, and yes that cpu/mobo combo should work fairly good for you aswell. good luck on your build.

-nizzy1115

I have the oem xp pro. Will I have to contact microsoft for an activation key or should it work without it.

I have the oem xp pro. Will I have to contact microsoft for an activation key or should it work without it.

that depends, did you install it on a machine yet? if you did then your answer is you will probably have to contact them.

I went to Intel's own site for info on my AN430TX board, dating to the late 1990s! They still had VERY useful info on that motherboard that I needed, highly recommend doing a search there as well!
BILL

Do you recommend hypterthreading or not. I disabled it on my other machine but just want to know your thoughts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.