Cricket_2 0 Newbie Poster

Hi, I checked several posts on this forum but none of them seem to apply to my problem. If there is something I missed, or if I'm posting this on the wrong forum, I apologise; I'm new here.

Problem: my laptop has taken to shutting itself down at random moments. At first, it would do so when it reached 20% of battery or less, but now it's doing so too when battery is 22% or more. No matter what I'm doing at the moment (mostly surfing the web, though) the screen will go black and the laptop will make this sound (a bit like the 'pop' when you pop a bubble wrap). When I plug the charger in and turn it back on, I have to start the computer all over - so it's not like it was in hibernation or sleeping mode, but turned off completely. Then, when the battery (still charging) reaches a random percentage (mostly 83%, sometimes more, sometimes less) the screen will start behaving like a flashlight (dim, brighten, dim...) and the icon of my battery will do so to (battery is plugged in, oh it isn't, or is it...) and in short, the battery will stop charging.

Context: I have had troubles with my battery before. Some were possibly caused by my laptop overheating, so now there's constantly a cooling pad under my laptop. Another seemed to be caused by a badly working charger, so I have also bought a new charger - maybe a couple of weeks, months ago? Anyway neither are very old. I have also recently vacuumed both the cooling pad and my laptop (according to instructions) so dust shouldn't be a problem either.

Laptop: is an ASUS K95V, with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz processor + Windows 8.1 64-bit

Battery:

Description Value   
Battery Name    PABAS0241231    
Manufacture Name    COMPAL  
Serial Number   41167   
Manufacture Date        
Power State Charging, AC Power  
Current Capacity (in %) 64.8%   
Current Capacity Value  17 039 mWh  
Full Charged Capacity   26 285 mWh  
Designed Capacity   52 170 mWh  
Battery Wear Level  50.4%   
Voltage 12 078 millivolts   
Charge/Discharge Rate   703 118 milliwatts  
Chemistry   Lithium Ion 
Low Battery Capacity (1)    255 mWh 
Low Battery Capacity (2)    2 553 mWh   
Critical Bias       
Number of charge/discharge cycles   0   
Battery Temperature     
Remaining battery time for the current activity (Estimated)     
Full battery time for the current activity (Estimated)      
Remaining time for charging the battery (Estimated)     00:21:44        
Total  time for charging the battery (Estimated)        01:03:02