i'm using an armada m700 laptop, i noticed that its getting hot whenever i am using it and it is also hanging. I also noticed that the fan is not functioning thus it hangs when it is used for 30 minutes or more. I disassembled the laptop and put thermal paste on the heatsink, but still i got the same results....just the three lights on the panel (capslock,numlock...etc) the hard disk and power LED is also blinking....Need some help pls......Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

If the fan isn't working, then a new coat of heat sink gel won't do diddly squat.
You need a new fan. Fairly quickly.

Make that very quickly.

thanks for the reply. I was able to replace the cpu fan but got the same results. I still have the three LED's on upon switching the power and HDD LED is still blinking..... still no display on the LCD. Hard disk is not runing either,

Then I'd suggest taking it along to your service tech. The HD has probably been damaged from overheating, and you will want to get the other components checked too.

So your laptop isn't working at all now?

yup, it isn't working at all. I also tried other working HDD's but still no go. i was able to go to the compaq opening screen once then it suddenly turned off while doing memory check. Do you think there's something wrong on my connections? tnx.

Your connections aren't the issue. Your mobo components have probably been damaged by excessive use without the cooling fan. You need to get each component checked, which is something which cannot be done through a forum thread.

thanks for the help...i will just take it to service tech....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.