Hello, i'm having a problem with my desktop, it juz won't stop rebooting until the computer seems to heat up.Hope u 'll help me with it.
I've attached the details, thanx a lot!!!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Try using Asus Probe II. That way you can monitor the temperatures and voltages, and one of those are causing reboots, you would see which one.

All except VGA. Temp for VGA can be monitored in advanced settings in display properties. I have NVIDIA VGA and GeForce tab in that settings. On that tab I can see current VGA temp.

I bet it is VGA overheating.

Anyway, if the heatsink isn't properly seated, it won't pick up heat from the chip below, thus it will be cold to the touch, while the chip is overheating.

It has to be TIGHT, and thermal paste layer should be VERY thin.

Try using Asus Probe II. That way you can monitor the temperatures and voltages, and one of those are causing reboots, you would see which one.

All except VGA. Temp for VGA can be monitored in advanced settings in display properties. I have NVIDIA VGA and GeForce tab in that settings. On that tab I can see current VGA temp.

I bet it is VGA overheating.

Anyway, if the heatsink isn't properly seated, it won't pick up heat from the chip below, thus it will be cold to the touch, while the chip is overheating.

It has to be TIGHT, and thermal paste layer should be VERY thin.

hai, thanx 4 ur reply
but if it's my vga that is overheating what can i do to cool it down?
I've just changed my cpu fan so i think the heatsink is tightly seated.
But my computer only loads into windows after it kinda heats up which will take several restarts.
Any clue on this???? Thanx

IF it's not CPU overheating, which btw would result in extreme slowdowns instead of reboots, it can be either chipset or VGA.

I suggest that you use Asus Probe II to monitor the temps.
You should check out the event log to see if anything is recorded there that would indicate possible reason for the reboots. Click on the "run" and type "eventvwr.msc /s" (without quotations).

If you find anything suspicious, feel free to post the entry here.

My computer is having similar issues, please advice
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 6/24/2009
Time: 9:08:32 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MARC00000001
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xfffbff97, 0x00000000, 0xbf852376, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: I:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini062409-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

That is probbably caused by bad RAM.

I feel it is OS got corrupted try repairing OS from recovery console of OS bootable CD

I think u have to check ur SMPS ( at any computer hardware shop) that may heat up ur motherboard.............also check ur CPU fan speed.If ur CPU fan speed is lower than 1800 rpm then u have to replace CPU fan.

Have you tried removing your motherboard from the case and removing exccess parts one after another until you utilise the problem?

In this type of problem most of cases Operating system is corrupted.if its is corrupted then u can install OS in ur system.

Hello, i'm having a problem with my desktop, it juz won't stop rebooting until the computer seems to heat up.Hope u 'll help me with it.
I've attached the details, thanx a lot!!!

Soon you wouldn't even be able to even use it and as soon as the moment you turn it on it starts the resetting loop. It is a graduous thing.
I just had the same problem with by Gigabyte motherboard... The problem was with capacitors (on the mainboard) and that was due to the regulators (on the mainboard) that were wrecked. So the electronic technician guy fixed it by changing the capacitors and regulators and now it works like perfect. I can't believe it. When the regulators get wrecked, they make the capacitors a bit swollen up and sometimes burst open and sulphated

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.