I have heard of 72 bit and 64 but memory but haven't understood what the big difference is.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Are you sure you heard about 72 bit not 32 bit memory as i never heard anything on 72 bit memory?

Raj

yeah its 72 bit I am talking about,I hadn't heard about it till I came across it in an IT Quiz in TV.I couldn't get hold of the answer but the question certainly was "what is the difference between 72 bit and 64 but memory?".

Most generic answer wud be in the question itself...the 72 bit memory is a "72 Bit memory" and 64 bit is....you guessed it "64 bit memory"...bravo!!!;)

But i d say it might be some new development which might be able to handle 72 bit programming. Never heard of it. Do share with us if you find more information on this.

Regards
Raj

One of my friends is of the opinion that in 72 bit memory there is an extra 8 bits which is set aside for some particular purpose,not sure of what it is though.

72bit memory is ECC memory the ECC is for error correcting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.